I made summat….

Posted: September 5, 2012 in dressmaking, Fabric trauma, fail, knitting, Vanity

I did…i said i was making a dress for a wedding out of a heinously bright fabric……4 metres of the stuff! It all went well except for the stain that appeared in a prominent area……the fact i didnt have enougj fabric and had to cut the skirt narrower- a good thong as it is VAST……the zip that was too short but fits ok anyway and the total trauma……badly matched seams. In good news, the lining worked ok and the dress is fab..i’m wearing it to another wedding this weekend……

image

Check out the folds in the skirt lo lose some fullness….skirt is still huge!

image

Cutting out the lining

image

Look at the pretty lining and zip…

image

And the distinctly unpretty seams 😦

image

Hanging around…

image

Me rocking out with a cup of tea….

I have the bug again…5 patterns and 3 knitting books bought this week..   

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Valerie says:

    It’s gorgeous! (don’t how us the wonky seams). Love your steampunk friend, as well.

  2. Oh nice one …. fab colours

Talk to me!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s